As a continuing edition to my “This is Me” series, I thought it would be fitting to feature myself this month in honor of my 30th birthday. I created this series to help others document who they are through beautiful custom photography. The idea for this series came about when I was thinking about my own pending milestone birthday. I thought it would be really neat to have professional photographs of myself at various milestone ages and to then write little bit about me and my life at each of those stages. I am happy to provide this service for others, but am also super lucky that this month fellow professional photographer, Nicole O’Neil hooked me up with beautiful new head shots so that I could reach my goal of documenting my life at this major milestone.
So who am I today? I am a wife. I am the happiest I have ever been. I am pursuing my dreams and passions through photography. I am starting to be able to travel the world through my craft and get to work with people every day to help creatively document their lives. I have a bounty of friends and a wonderful family. I am healthy. I fight my fears by courageously tackling each day. I am slowly paying down my student loans. I don’t have any regrets in life. I am excited about the future.
Here of some of my goals for the next 10 years of my life (in no particular order):
- Snowboard down the Swiss Alps
- Have my portrait taken in a lavender field in Provence, France
- Go to the Keukenhof Tulip Festival
- Eat a baguette picnic under the Eiffel Tower with my husband
- Watch the sunrise in Acadia National Park with my husband and dog
- laugh so hard my stomach hurts (hopefully multiple times)
- have a kid or two (hopefully twins– but no pressure)
- learn to cook well
- learn how to describe wine
- create a photo series with my dog
- publish a book with my work
- establish a steady fitness and healthy eating routine
- do something I never thought I would do
- learn to be fearless
- love every day of my life
Here’s to the next 10 years!